Description

Welcome to my blog. I'm using this blog to track our bathroom remodel project. We'll be remodeling using a vintage 'FarmHouse' look.

Friday, January 23, 2015

Thoughts a many........

Just starting to put some thoughts together about how I'd like our cottage bathroom to look. There's no claw foot tub or grande ceramic tile showers, but I think we can make it look great.

Currently what we have to deal with is:
An oak colored vanity - If we keep this, I will chalkpaint and wax.  A very pale neutral color and perhaps even white.  New knobs and drawer pulls of course to coordinate with the faucet.

The vanity sink top should be replaced as it's stained.

The faucets are ugly brass EWWWWW!  I definitely would replace the faucet.  Need inspiration pics.

New commode - need inspiration pics

New shower/tub - I would love to have a walk in shower and get rid of the tub.  We'll see. Currently there is a very ugly brass shower door.  This will definitely go.  I'd much rather have a pretty shower curtain.

The cabinet over the toilet is currently oak colored and would be painted if kept.  I might possibly remove the doors and use as open shelves for pretties.

New floor covering -

The walls are already bead board 3/4 of the way up with sheet rock at the top.  I probably will paint the beadboard bright white and maybe even the sheet rock.  If not, the sheet rock will be a very pale color.  Maybe gray.

I love fluffy white rugs but my hubby tends to take dirty feet in the bathroom so he'll need training or else we'll have to go with a colored rug.


No comments:

Post a Comment